Saturday, October 10, 2009

BARCELONA



I spent few days in Barcelona, but this time no postings of sightseeing tours or Antonio Gaudi buildings for you. I had to go through the whole Barcelona tourist routine again because I was with my mother and for her 70's birthday, the few days in Barcelona was part of her present. We were staying in the area of the Arc de Triomf just behind the Palace of  Justice. We rented a flat with 2 bed rooms and a large terrace area on the 7th floor. I took one late morning for me and walked around the area of El Born and La Ribera. This "quartier" is full of narrow street and has lots of interesting shops. I didn't even have time to go to Picasso Museum which is in that area, just went to the museums souvenir store which is full of books and found a lovely small book "Barcelona, Shops & More" written by Angelika Taschen. Actually it is a book about shops, all kind of, but special ones. The posted map and postcard are from this book. In this book there are just photos and the addresses, so for my next visit in Barcelona will visit them all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: